We generally only recommend Menards Credit Card if you have at least a 630 credit score (otherwise known as a "fair" credit score). The reason being you can get a relatively high APR if you have a low credit score, plus it will be much harder to get approved.
Is Menards Credit Card a good credit card for me?
Every situation is different, so it's hard to give a blanket recommendation on whether or not Menards Credit Card is the right card for you.
However, they are known to be relatively generous with their reward points & other perks, so it may be worth it. Keep in mind you may have to acquire a minimum amount of points before you are able to redeem them.
Is Menards Credit Card worth it?
There are 100s of different credit card options that are best suited to a wide range of situations. Which makes it hard for us to honestly answer whether or not Menards Credit Card is worth it for you.
We recommend considering the following when looking into getting any credit card (as a starting point at least):
- Are you a responsible spender? You can quickly get yourself into too much debt if you're not responsible with your credit card
- Are there are signup bonuses available with this card?
- What annual fees does it have?
- Are there penalty APRs?
- Does it have an interest free period, and if so, how long is it?
- How does it's APR compare to other cards?
- How does the rewards/points system work?
What are the approval odds for Menards Credit Card?
The approval odds are going to be heavily dependant on your credit score, income & expenses.
If you have a credit score of 750+, you can basically get approved for most credit cards, including the Menards Credit Card. But if you have a "poor" credit score, it's going to be a lot more difficult.
What credit score do I need for Menards Credit Card?
A general rule of thumb is if you have a "good" credit score (670-739) or above, then you're approval odds are relatively high.
Anything below that and the odds go down, you may be able to get approved with a "fair" credit score, but if you have a "poor" score, then it is extremely unlikely you'll be approved (unless the card is secured).
Improve your credit score BEFORE applying for Menards Credit Card
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for Menards Credit Card, we recommend you call one of our friendly credit experts for a free consultation. We'll review your credit report with you (in real-time), and see if there is anything we can do to help your score.
Once we've improved your score for you, you'll be in a much better place to apply & get approval for Menards Credit Card. Not to mention all the other benefits that come with a great credit score!
Making the Most of Your Menards Credit Card
Maximizing the benefits of your Menards Credit Card is an excellent way to stay on top of your finances. When using this card, you can take advantage of several features:
- Enjoy a 2% rebate on purchases made in-store or online at Menards for added savings.
- Earn 1% back on purchases made elsewhere with the Menards Credit Card.
- Take advantage of special financing offers to manage larger purchases - just be sure to read the terms and conditions carefully.
- Sign up for the Menards BIG Card to earn even more rewards and benefits, such as 2% back on Menards purchases and 1% back on other store purchases.
Following this strategy, you should be able to get the most out of the Menards Credit Card.
The Advantages of Maintaining a Good Credit Score
Having a good credit score is advantageous in many aspects of your financial life. Here are the benefits associated with having a good credit score:
- Obtain better interest rates on loans and credit cards, resulting in significant long-term savings.
- Easier to qualify for rental apartments, jobs, and insurance policies.
- Establish a solid financial foundation for the future that allows you to take advantage of more favorable loan terms and access other wealth building opportunities.
Having a great credit score can save you thousands in interest over the course of many years.