We generally only recommend Mavis Tire Credit Card if you have at least a 630 credit score (otherwise known as a "fair" credit score). The reason being you can get a relatively high APR if you have a low credit score, plus it will be much harder to get approved.
Is Mavis Tire Credit Card a good credit card for me?
Every situation is different, so it's hard to give a blanket recommendation on whether or not Mavis Tire Credit Card is the right card for you.
However, they are known to be relatively generous with their reward points & other perks, so it may be worth it. Keep in mind you may have to acquire a minimum amount of points before you are able to redeem them.
Is Mavis Tire Credit Card worth it?
There are 100s of different credit card options that are best suited to a wide range of situations. Which makes it hard for us to honestly answer whether or not Mavis Tire Credit Card is worth it for you.
We recommend considering the following when looking into getting any credit card (as a starting point at least):
- Are you a responsible spender? You can quickly get yourself into too much debt if you're not responsible with your credit card
- Are there are signup bonuses available with this card?
- What annual fees does it have?
- Are there penalty APRs?
- Does it have an interest free period, and if so, how long is it?
- How does it's APR compare to other cards?
- How does the rewards/points system work?
What are the approval odds for Mavis Tire Credit Card?
The approval odds are going to be heavily dependant on your credit score, income & expenses.
If you have a credit score of 750+, you can basically get approved for most credit cards, including the Mavis Tire Credit Card. But if you have a "poor" credit score, it's going to be a lot more difficult.
What credit score do I need for Mavis Tire Credit Card?
A general rule of thumb is if you have a "good" credit score (670-739) or above, then you're approval odds are relatively high.
Anything below that and the odds go down, you may be able to get approved with a "fair" credit score, but if you have a "poor" score, then it is extremely unlikely you'll be approved (unless the card is secured).
Improve your credit score BEFORE applying for Mavis Tire Credit Card
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for Mavis Tire Credit Card, we recommend you call one of our friendly credit experts for a free consultation. We'll review your credit report with you (in real-time), and see if there is anything we can do to help your score.
Once we've improved your score for you, you'll be in a much better place to apply & get approval for Mavis Tire Credit Card. Not to mention all the other benefits that come with a great credit score!
Tips for Using Your Mavis Tire Credit Card Responsibly
A Mavis Tire Credit Card can be a great financial tool, so make sure you use it responsibly to avoid falling into the trap of debt. Here are some tips for proper usage:
- Set a budget: Careful budgeting is key to financial success. Set and maintain a reasonable monthly spending limit that won't stretch your finances too thin, so you can pay off any debts with ease.
- Pay your balance in full: To avoid hefty interest charges, it's best to pay your balance in full each month.
- Use your rewards wisely: Reward yourself smartly - use your rewards for things you already intended to buy, not as an opportunity for splurging!
How to Maximize Rewards and Benefits with Mavis Tire Credit Card
Maximize the benefits of having a Mavis Tire Credit Card - use it to its full potential! Here are some helpful tips that can help you reap rewards and make your money work for you:
- Get more bang for your buck with a rewards card - not only will you be rewarded when making tire and maintenance purchases, but also make tracking those expenses easier.
- Take advantage of advantageous offers like 0% APR for limited time periods and bonus reward points with sign up. Make sure to pay off any balances before the introductory period ends, or you may be subject to high interest rates.
- Monitor your account: Monitor your account activity consistently to ensure you stay within budget and don't become the victim of fraudulent charges.